The Isle of Whithorn, Dumfries and Galloway
A warm welcome to the Isle of Whithorn community in Dumfries and Galloway. The ‘Isle’ is situated on the southernmost tip of South West Scotland.
If you‘ve never been to the Isle before and you are planning a visit, you’ll find lots of interesting information on our visitors’ page.
ISLE FUTURES TRUSTEES MEETING
The Isle of Whithorn
Welcome to the Isle of Whithorn!
This village is one of the most southerly communities in Scotland; set in a picturesque and unspoilt part of Dumfries and Galloway, rich in history and with strong links to the land and the sea.
We hope that one day you may be able to come in person to the Isle, but in the meantime, we invite you to make your own tour of the Isle through the many interesting pages that make up this website. There is something for everybody!
For the visitor...
- About the Isle of Whithorn - the village & surrounding community
- How to Get Here - by land or sea
- Facts - detailed information about the Isle of Whithorn
- Things to See & Do - local attractions & activities
- Tour the Isle of Whithorn - map & village features
- Activities - in and around the Isle of Whithorn
- What's on - our calendar of local events.
From time to time we provide information on this website about tailor-made short breaks for a variety of leisure activities from ornithology and natural history to sailing and folk music. Keep this page bookmarked for details on forthcoming events at the Isle!
For the community ...
- Local news most recent events
- Isle Futures Community Regeneration
- Directory of local contacts and businesses
- CERT - Emergency Planning for extreme weather, power cuts etc. Sign up if you think you might need assistance.
For the historian ...
- Isle Archive Information and pictures that tell much about the community's long history.
- St Ninian Discover how Christianity began in Scotland
Points of contact ...
There are now a number of ways of making contact with the Isle:
The content of this website is maintained by members of the Isle of Whithorn village community. If you have any comments, suggestions or items of local interest, you can use the contact form or add your comments to our guestbook page.
The Isle of Whithorn also now has its own page on Facebook. Become a fan, say hello, post your pictures or stories and share your comments on our Page!
Follow the Isle of Whithorn on Twitter. http://twitter.com/IsleofWhithorn
Easyfundraising is a free way to raise money for good causes such as schools, charities, sports clubs, religious groups, community groups and more, simply by shopping online. Shop with over 2700 top retailers , and choose from over 55,000 good causes.