The Isle of Whithorn, Dumfries and Galloway
A warm welcome to the Isle of Whithorn community in Dumfries and Galloway. The ‘Isle’ is situated on the southernmost tip of South West Scotland.
If you‘ve never been to the Isle before and you are planning a visit, you’ll find lots of interesting information on our visitors’ page.
MACHARS MOVIES - RESTORED CLASSICS - 'CASABLANCA'
The Isle of Whithorn
Welcome to the Isle of Whithorn!
This village is one of the most southerly communities in Scotland; set in a picturesque and unspoilt part of Dumfries and Galloway, rich in history and with strong links to the land and the sea.
We hope that one day you may be able to come in person to the Isle, but in the meantime, we invite you to make your own tour of the Isle through the many interesting pages that make up this website. There is something for everybody!
For the visitor...
- About the Isle of Whithorn - information for visitors about the village and our surrounding community
- How to Get Here
- Facts - detailed information about the Isle of Whithorn community
- Things to See & Do
- Tour the Isle of Whithorn
- Activities in and around about the Isle of Whithorn
- What's on - our calendar of local events and attractions...
From time to time we provide information on this website about tailor-made short breaks for a variety of leisure activities in and around at the Isle of Whithorn. There are also short educational or themed breaks based on everything from ornithology and natural history to sailing and folk music. Make sure you keep this page bookmarked for details on forthcoming events at the Isle!
For the historian...
- Visit the Isle Archive with information and pictures that will tell much about the community's history
- Discover how Christianity began in Scotland
with links to St Ninian
For the community...
- Local news
- Isle Futures Community Regeneration
- Directory of local contacts and businesses
- CERT Poster - Community Emergency Response Team
About this website
The content of this website is maintained by members of the Isle of Whithorn Village community. If you have any comments, suggestions or items of local interest please contact us. You can also add your comments to our guestbook page.
The Isle of Whithorn now has its own page on Facebook. Simply login to your Facebook account and search for 'The Isle of Whithorn' to find us or click here. Become a fan, say hello, post your pictures or stories and share your comments on our Page!
Follow the Isle of Whithorn on Twitter. http://twitter.com/IsleofWhithorn
Easyfundraising is a free way to raise money for good causes such as schools, charities, sports clubs, religious groups, community groups and more, simply by shopping online. Shop with over 2700 top retailers , and choose from over 55,000 good causes.